I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.Martin Luther
At the end of the first Terminator movie, Sarah Connor is sitting at a gas station with a new outlook and perspective on life and the future, when at that moment, a young Mexican boy runs up and says something in Spanish. She asks the old man standing nearby what he said. The old man tells her “He said there’s a storm coming in…” Her reply was simply, “I know.” An iconic scene and an iconic line from the best of the Terminator movies.
Indeed, there is a storm coming.
Some might even conclude, it is already here.
I grew up in a different world than the one we live in today. My father fought in World War II in Italy and North Africa, and was a part of “The Greatest Generation”. He came home from the war, married and built a life in the post-war era in the land of freedom and opportunity. I was born into a loving home and was raised by parents who supported me and encouraged me in every way possible. They and their contemporaries left my generation a legacy of great faith, sacrifice, freedom and fervent patriotism.
Somewhere along the way my generation lost their way and squandered their inheritance giving birth to succeeding generations of pampered and entitled miscreants and fools who value artificial diversity over actual skills and qualifications, who offer endless excuses instead of taking personal responsibility, who place blame and point fingers instead of taking responsibility, who reward participation over achievement and excellence, who equate victimhood and being offended with strength of character, who don’t know the difference between a penis and a vagina, and “who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator.” (Romans 1:25).
I am not a people person. I have spent the bulk of my life trying to avoid social situations and people in general. I don’t like conflict and I have been reluctant to engage in political or religious discussion, let alone debate, outside of safe circles. That said, we are living in what I believe the Bible calls the “last days” even if those days continue on for some time. The time for silence is over, if indeed there ever was a time for such silence. Evil must be confronted and called out by light. “Men love(d) darkness rather than light, because their deeds (were) are evil.” (John 3:19). We need to confront our declining and rotting culture with the love of God and the truth of His Word. And we urgently need to do it now.
This is where I stand.
The website, themacdawg.com was started years ago as a place for me to post some pictures, blog a little and to get familiar with emerging technology on the Internet. Over the years I lost interest in it and it sat dormant. You can still find the old posts from years gone by if you look for them on the site, mainly under Odds & Ends or Health & Fitness. They are old and dated, and reflect a time long passed now. Recently I have had a desire to voice my opinions more openly through social media, Twitter, Facebook and other sites as well as resurrecting my website. This is the fruit of that seed that I am sowing.
If you have read this far, I applaud you perseverance. It isn’t likely you will read everything that I post on this site, so in an effort to provide a brief summary of what I believe and what I am about, I am providing bullet points below for some of the more salient points that I find crucial to defining who I am. Obviously this is not an exhaustive list, but is a starting point for the posts that will hopefully follow. For the more adventurous, you will find my thoughts expanded and refined in the multiple musing sections of this website.
Quick Summary of What I Believe and Where I Stand On Issues
• Religion – I am a born again Christian. While raised as a Baptist, I claim no denominational affiliation today, but rather claim affiliation with Jesus Christ by grace through faith in the blood of his sacrificial death on the cross. I hold tenaciously to the 5 Fundamentals of the Faith listed below. While they are not the sum total of doctrine, they form the basis for all other Biblical truths and the approach towards understanding the Scriptures.
Inspiration and Authority of the Scriptures – “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Tim. 3:16, 17) I believe the Bible is the inerrant, infallible, inspired Word of God.
Virgin Birth and Deity of Christ – “Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.” (Matt. 1:18) I believe Jesus was born of the virgin Mary and is the Son of God.
Substitutionary Atoning Death of Christ – “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Rom. 5:8) “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” (2 Cor. 5:21) “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.” (Eph. 2:8, 9) I believe Christ died for us and freely provides salvation by grace through faith.
Bodily Resurrection of Christ – “He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.” (Matt. 28:6) “For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.” (1 Cor. 15:3, 4) I believe Christ rose from the dead in a bodily resurrection.
Personal Return of Christ – “I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.” (John 14:2, 3) “For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.” (Matt. 16:27) I believe Christ is coming again in great power and glory.
• Politics – I am a political, fiscal and religious conservative. That said, I vote and support issues, not people or personalities or politicians or parties. While it is true I vote almost exclusively Republican, I am more likely voting against a political candidate and their party’s stand on the issues than I am voting for someone and attempting to secure the ‘lesser of two evils’. My eyes have been opened and I am now convinced both sides of the political aisle are corrupt, self-serving and self-preserving and they exist in a quasi-symbiotic yet adversarial relationship, each needing the other to be their evil foil to drive their political machine. “There is none righteous, no not one.” (Romans 3:10)
• Second Amendment / 2A – I am a responsible gun owner. “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” Second Amendment to The Constitution of the United States #2A 🇺🇸 As a result, ALL gun control laws, even when labeled erroneously as ‘common sense gun laws’, are less about guns and more about control, and are an infringement and therefore unconstitutional. Molon Labe 💀 🇺🇸
• Abortion – I am adamantly Pro-Life. The science is unequivocal, life, human life, unquestionably begins at conception. Abortion ends the life of an innocent baby regardless of how many cells it embodies at the time. The inconvenient truth is, abortion is murder.
• Climate Change – I am not a climate denier. Climate change is real. It is called Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter, or more commonly “weather”. “While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, And day and night shall not cease.” (Genesis 8:22). Anything else is baseless fear mongering for political and financial gain and should be called out as the grift it truly is. All previous doomsday predictions have failed to even remotely come to pass and even the politicians and celebrities touting them are buying multi-million beachfront homes and traveling around the globe in private jets. If you can’t trust the predictions for tomorrow’s weather, there is no confidence in the models extrapolating questionable data for decades upon decades. All efforts being promoted to “save the planet” in reality end up doing more harm to the ecosystem than helping and serve only to line the pockets of politicians and corporations.
• Race and racism – I am not a racist, contrary to any labels others may apply to me. No one would deny the world is comprised of multiple races, although it should be noted, we all have a common origin. “And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth.” (Acts 17:26). With that common origin, no race is superior to another, however racism clearly does exist in the world and in the hearts of men to varying degrees. That said, the lies being spewed out on our culture as ‘systemic racism’ and being taught in our schools as ‘Critical Race Theory’ are rampant and blatant examples of the variety of tools in Satan’s toolbox designed to “steal, kill and destroy” (John 10:10) The grift is as strong with racism as it is with climate change. And while I agree, black lives do matter, they don’t matter more than red, yellow, white or mixed race lives. And for the record, the black lives in their mother’s womb being aborted at genocidal rates matter too. I will not apologize for the sins of others or of past generations, and I am not ashamed nor embarrassed to be an older, white, straight, male. I “owe no man anything but to love one another”. (Rom. 13:8).
• Gender – I am a male. As succinctly stated by one of the children in the 1990 movie Kindergarten Cop, “boys have a penis, girls have a vagina.” Out of the mouth of babes.